The Static Thumb Immobilisation Splint provides powerful and effective thumb immobilisation in a lightweight splint for thumb sprains, to provide immobilisation of the trapeziometacarpal joint in early osteoarthritis of the thumb, can be used to treat pain at the base of the thumb, peri-scaphoid joint disease, following thumb prosthesis, trapeziectomy, surgery for fractures at the base of the 1st metacarpal bone: Rolando or Bennett's fractures. Made from Zirtex fabric at the thumb which provides a thermal barrier and is moisture wicking. The inner lining is made from Thermytex fabric, a breathable and antibacterial material. This product is very easy to fit and has two Velcro straps to easily secure the thumb splint in place. The stays within the thumb splint can be shaped to contour perfectly to fit the thumb web shape if required. There is an opening at the thumb column to prevent any pressure building on the painful zone associated with thumb osteoarthritis.
- Thumb sprains / strains.
- Immobilisation of the trapeziometacarpal joint,
- Thumb osteoarthritis.
- Relieve thumb pain.
- peri-scaphoid joint disease.
- To support a thumb prosthesis.
- Trapeziectomy surgery.
- Rolando Fractures
- Bennetts Fractures.
- Provides powerful and effectiv thumb immobilisation.
- Made from Zirtex fabric to provide a thermal barrier yet lets moisture excape.
- Breathable Zirtex antibacterial material.
- Easy to fit using 2 x Velcro straps.
- Stays can be contoured for a perfect fit.
- Thumb opening to prevent pressure build up.
- Available in 2 sizes.
- Left and Right hand models.
How to Measure:
Measure the circumference of your wrist and choose from the sizing below:
Size 1 -13-17 cm
Size 2 - 17-23 cm.