Thuasne’s Epi-med Elbow clasp has been specially designed to ease pain caused by epicondylitis, stretched or torn ligaments and regular sprains affecting the arm and elbow. It works by compressing the forearm musculature at its largest point below the elbow, without restricting the blood flow needed to restore torn muscles and tendon injuries. If you’re prone to sport-induced elbow damage, the Epi-med helps protect your arm from future twists and sprains that can really affect your fitness programme in the long run. Comfortable and easy to use, Thuasne’s Epi-med can be worn during work, sports and exercise – so there’s no need to let pain stop you from taking part in your routine activities! The clasp helps relieve discomfort on both sides of the forearm by correctly repositioning its angle to give you the best support possible. Compact and unobtrusive, the Epi-med doesn’t constrict your movement or circulation like conventional tubular bandages; instead it’s moulded to suit the shape of your forearm - meaning no more awkward binding or tying up loose ends that don’t fit properly! This support is stronger, more flexible and better adjusted to the contours of your body than any other sports guard.
Epicondylitis is usually caused by repetitive compressions of the forearm musculature - some common contributors include:
- Using heavy equipment or machinery, from hedge-shears to pneumatic drills.
- Long term poor positioning of the arm when using a keyboard or sewing etc.
- Playing sports like tennis, javelin, discus, fencing, golf and ball-throwing games.
Easily adjustable and featuring natural felt padding with silicone inserts, this elbow support is guaranteed to stay perfectly in place – however strenuous your workout gets.
If you’ve ever experienced tennis or golfer’s elbow, you’ll know just how unpleasant tendonitis can be – fortunately with Thuasne’s Epi-med you can finally wave goodbye to that awful elbow pain! This reinforced support is used by athletes and sports enthusiasts to provide strength and security for weak joints whilst working out, playing games or enjoying physical activities. Thanks to Thuasne you don’t have to let yourself or your team down; whether it’s sprains, torn ligaments or even dislocations, the Epi-med alleviates pain during exercise and speeds up recovery from sporting injuries!
- Lightweight and dynamic epicondylitis clasp support for tennis elbow.
- Adjustable Velcro strap for tennis elbow, golfers or throwers elbow and all athletes and sports enthusiasts.
- Anatomic design with padding to reduce slippage and prevent painful inflammation
- Helps treat and prevent elbow-related sprains and injuries
- Can be used for either left or right arm. Available in 5 sizes – XS / S / M / L / XL
- Colour: Light Grey, grey strap with blue trim.
Indications / Recommendations for Use:
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfers Elbow
- Throwers Elbow
- Tendinopathy (inflammation of the tendon attachments) in the elbow
How to measure / find your correct size:
Measure the circumference 4 to 5 centimetres down from the centre of your elbow, take this measurement and use our guide below to select the best size for you.
- X Small – 22-23 cm
- Small – 24-25 cm
- Medium – 26-27 cm
- Large – 28-30 cm
- X Large – 31-34 cm